Wednesday 19 August 2009

My home made shoe rack

A few good guesses there, but you're right, I dont have a TV, although it could be used for one. Here it is.....

A shoe rack for my porch, so I don't have to go searching for my shoes. I made it to fit the recess underneath the window ledge, the front door is on the left. It could be used as book shelves as it is strong and sturdy, or in the greenhouse or potting shed. Or it could be used for tool storage in the garage. You could make it taller, wider, or deeper depending how many pallets you had. You could make it smaller and stand it on a cupboard against a wall. I used batons (free from work) to hold it together but you could improvise with pallets. I got the varnish for a few pence on the last day Woolies closed down.

It's much better than the chip board stuff you buy, it will last a lifetime, never need replacing. Anyone else going to have a go?

6 comments:

  1. What an excellent idea... but I don't think I could cope with the blisters... I have enough trouble with backache from digging! Great job Ilona... very impressive indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Top job!!

    Send the plans to Imelda Marcos immediately ;))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic!! you must be really proud of yourself. Excellent idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's wonderful! Well done you. Having just splashed out on a shoe rack from Argos, got it home and found it to be completely useless and such a cheap build, I'm deeply inspired by yours.

    I was going to have a go myself, but our shoes get very muddy (or worse); I wonder how I could design it so it wasn't such a erm, mud trap ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks great. Like you said, very sturdy. I must show him outside, kids shoes are the bane of my life in this house, I am always picking them up/tripping over them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! Makes me wanna see if i can find some scrap pallets.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.