Monday 12 July 2010

Turn your clothes into bags

Here it is, my first Mors bag, just for Josie.

Made out of a grey sweat shirt which was given to me, I didn't wear because it was too tight round the neck. It is 18 inches high and 14.5 inches wide. I more or less followed the pattern on the Mors web site. I used one sleeve for the handles, and made up my own measurements. Because I inserted the waistband inside the handles they are very thick, so I couldn't stitch the X on the front with the machine. Instead I did an extra row of stitching along the top very close to the edge to miss the thickness of the handles. I have sewn a line across the bottom corners to give it a flat bottom.

A good way to use up unwanted clothing. I will probably make some more, and I wont mind giving them away as I don't actually need them for myself. I always use my fantastic blue gazebo bags. Thanks for reminding me about this Josie.

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to make something old or unwearable into something useful - and to save the world from being filled with unwanted plastic bags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks great! well done on your first one, first of many I hope, I've made 103 so far!
    Josie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness, Josie. I'm going to have to sew like a steam engine to catch up with you. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.