Thursday 26 August 2010

Only two blisters

Well that's me back again, doesn't time fly, holidays don't last long enough. I've downloaded the pics, only 69, I'll dump the rubbish ones and put a few up here tomorrow. I was dead lucky with the hostel, a room to myself again, what a bargain eh! at £39 for three nights B & B. The breakfasts were ace, I filled my belly with all manner of delicious nosh, they had a good selection for non meat eaters. I didn't have to spend any more money as I took some food in a cool box for my sandwiches, and a snack in the evening. I did treat myself however, to a half pint of Theakstons Old Peculiar on Tuesday night, my favourite ale, and I had an ice cream just before I set of back today.

I've walked a lot of miles in beautiful countryside, it was so uplifting, and only two small blisters, ha ha. I'll check the distances tomorrow. I made a lot of new friends, had some stimulating conversations, and I can honestly say I personally know most of the sheep and cows in the Yorkshire Dales ;0) Off to bed now, see you tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like another wonderful trip away. Looking forward to seeing photos soon:) What a great bargain. I will have to do my rambling via your blog:) I remember Theakstons Old Peculiar but have to admit I've never tried it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to be a member of the youth hosteling association when I was a teenager but I have never been back... how silly... I think hubby and I should look at this again... especially as we are thinking of a walking holiday next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a fab time. Can`t wait to see the picture!

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.