Sunday 22 July 2012

A bit of a cat fight

At last we have summer, let's hope it is here to stay. It was a beautiful morning for an early walk, curtains were still closed as I set off, why are they still in bed. Sunday is traditionally a 'lie in' day, I can remember lying in untill my mother called me for lunch at 1pm. Good grief, what a lot of time I wasted in bed. Now I am up with the lark, and looking forward to whatever the day brings.

After the walk, Sue and me went off to do a home check, we weren't quite sure if the house was in a good place for cats to be because there is a long straight road out the front. But the fact that it is in the middle of the countryside with no other houses near, and they have a lot of land, was a plus point. The people were experienced cat lovers, so we matched them up with the best cats for their situation. We had two six year old cats who are not bothered about leaving their home comforts, and now these two are starting their new life in a new home tonight.

Hey, look at my hand, I am injured. How did this happen. If you have ever tried to give kittens worming mixture with a syringe, you will know how they struggle. Janet came round and we did it between us, what a kerfuffle. Ouch :o(


Tonight I have cleaned out the kittens room, I chucked them out into the passage and shut myself in with the Dyson. That's better, there was cat litter everywhere, and cat hairs all over the carpet. Now it's nice and clean.

Anyway, it's almost 9.30pm and I've got to go out and water the veg before it gets dark, as we haven't had any rain today. Also got to sort out the cardboard wheelie bin, I have too much so I need to cut it down so it all fits in. Best get on with it then.

STOP PRESS. Janet has just told me about this. It's my yacht, the Ilona is moored at Canary Wharf for the Olympic games. OMG, I want to go and see it.

Read about it here...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2177211/London-2012-The-Olympic-super-yachts-arrive-Thames.html

Toodle pip.

11 comments:

  1. I thought you were supposed to wrap the little blighters in a towel first!
    That is a beautiful yacht.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just reading about this super yachts on Daily Mail online. Such a waste of money if you ask me.......

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  3. So when's the yacht party? I expect my invitation in the mail.
    Jane x
    PS Can we stay the night...it's a long way home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since you are a cat person, I am surprised you did not wrap them in a towel or some sort of cloth. Even with little babies, sometimes you have to wrap them tightly to keep them from shoving away syringes.

    I suppose you will claim the yacht with your name on it. I have never heard your name before your blog. Is your name highly unusual in the UK, ordinary, old-fashioned, or what?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I should have known better, PP and John, a slap on the wrist for me, ouch, carefull, it hurts.

    I have just had to email the Daily Mail. Last night they had the correct spelling of my name, and this morning it had mysteriously changed to Llona. FLIPPIN DUMBO'S. Yes, PP, my name is unusual in the UK. My mother was German, and it had been her favourite name since she was a little girl. It is used a lot in Russia, Hungary, and other countries in that part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I meant to compliment the first picture on this post. It's spectacular, took my breath away. What kind of flowers?

    ReplyDelete
  7. People with that kind of money should do something to help others with less, that way it wouldn't be wasted.

    Hope your hand heals soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi PP, They are pinky purpley flowers, ha ha. I don't know.

    Hi Toffeeapple. I am sure a lot of rich people give some of their wealth away, it's just that we don't get to know about it. I have been reading up on Frank Towy, owner of ILONA. He has given millions away to good causes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ilona

    I am new here and I am loving reading all your advice and posts :)

    Thank you for the work you do with cats, I have rescues and foster cats myself (I work for an animal hospital) and it is pretty desperate out there as you know. Not sure if you have seen but Home Bargins have started doing a cat litter for 89p it's 10 litres and a mixture of factory spillage (so a mix of all different types of cat litter, stones, wood chips etc). It is heavy, but worth buying for what it is used for!

    Many thanks
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Tracey, I've had some of that cat litter from Home Bargains, but it was £1.29 in out shop. I've since found the same thing in Poundland, so that's not too bad.

    Thanks Compostwoman, wild flowers are not my strong point.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.