Thursday 6 February 2014

A load of twaddle

Good evening from Meanqueen. Just playing around tonight. I know a some of you have blogs, but a lot of my readers don't. Thought you might be interested in what spam looks like. This is the sort of twaddle we have to put up with. It goes into the spam box and can be dumped all in one go, with two clicks of the mouse. Occasionally a genuine legitimate comment finds itself in amongst the spam, so I have to skim down the list and retrieve it before it gets dumped.

I was getting up to 100 spams a day, but it is down to 20 or so now. As you can see not a lot of it makes any sense. They try to be friendly, hoping I will not notice, and hoping their advertisement might get published. Some of them are quite insulting, some ask questions, all of them tell lies. This is what they do to market their own business, advertising through the back door. They come from all corners of the globe, as you can see their command of the English language is very limited. 
People don't sit at their computers all day doing this, they set it up to run automatically. Press a button and zap it all around the world. Computers talking to computers. Scary really Anyway, I need to exercise. Last night I did 60 minutes on the trainer, while watching Call the Midwife. I'm off to find my entertainment for tonight. I'll leave you with the load of twaddle to laugh at. Toodle pip.



Hello, i belieѵe that i noticed you visiteԀ my websіte thus i came to go back the prefеr?.I'm atrtempting to find thinǥs to improve my site!I guess its gooԁ enouɡh to make use of some of your concepts!! 



Anonymous



at 18:58
This website was... how do I say it? Relevant!!Finally I've found something that helped me. Thanks a lot!  
Anonymous
at 17:38
Very energetic blog, I liked that bit. Will there be a part 2?  
Anonymous
at 16:20
Thіs is vry attention-grabbing, You're a very profеssional blogger. I have joined your rss feed аnd sіt up for searching for more of your eхcellent post. Also, I have shared your ωeb site in my social networks  
Anonymous
at 13:58
I have bbeen browѕing online more than 3 hours nowadays, yet I by no means found any interеsting article like yours. It's lovely worth sufficient for me. In my opinіon, if all site owners and bloggers made excellent content aѕ you prоbably did, the internet shall be much more helpful than eveг before.  
Anonymous
at 12:48
Really no matter if somеone doesn't know then its up to other people that they will assist, so here it takеs place.  
Anonymous
at 12:48
If уou wish for to obtain mich from this post then youu have to apply such tеchniqueѕ to your won webpage. 
Anonymous
at 12:48
I'm amazeԁ, I have to admit. Seldom do I encounter a blоg that's both equally educative and interesting, and let me tell you, you have hit thhe nаil on the head. Thhе issue iѕ something which not enough people are speaking іntelligеntly about. I am very happу that I came across this during my hunt for something concerning this. 
Anonymous
at 12:46
Today, I went tо thee beach with my kids. I found а ssea hell and gave iit to my 4 year old daughtеr aand said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." Shhe put the shell to her еаr аnd screamed. There wаs a hermit cгab inside and it pinched her ear. Shee never wants to go back! LoL I know this is completely off toppіc but I had to tԁll someone!  
Anonymous
at 10:45
Youг methоԁ off describing all in this paragraph iis reаlly good, every oone be able tο effortlessly unԁerѕtand it,  

HA HA, SAYS IT ALL REALLY. TWADDLE.

14 comments:

  1. Oh Good grief! Could you imagine if that's how we all wrote?!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ilona, I've had very few since I blocked anonymous commenting. Apologies to you gentle blog readers who haven't made a blog account (it is quite easy, you know). I used to get a lot from an Egyptian spammer, all in Arabic; not even suitable for amusement, as I don't read Arabic. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have considered not allowing anonymous comments, but a lot of people are frightened of making an account, or they don't know how to. They think they are going to get sucked into something they don't want to be a part of. As you say it is easy, and costs nothing. I will put up with the spam, and the troll, because it's easy to dump them.

      Delete
  3. One reason why I don't have a blog, it is bad enough getting nuisance phone calls from overseas & they can't speak English.

    ReplyDelete
  4. TOO funny! I'm sorry you have to put up with that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laughing at the second to last one.. What is spam? Is it an attempt of a virus or genuine twaddle comments? I do hope not. Why on earth would someone want to tell you that? Louise (Burton)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Spam is an attempt to advertise a company, by inviting people to take a look at their web site. Spammers are hoping to catch the eye of potential customers, to increase visits to their sites, in the hope that they may buy their goods or services. Legitimate forms of advertising are costly, so they are trying to do it on the cheap. Social networking sites are also used to promote businesses.

      I think the risk of a virus coming in through a blog comment is very unlikely. Google have sophisticated programes to block them. They want to hold on to their millions of bloggers, as they are a source of income for them.

      Delete
  6. Do you get the foreign language ones as well? No idea what they say but they get dumped jst te same!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I get those with a load of pictures and symbols. Goodness knows what language that is.

      Delete
  7. Tell us, Ilona...WILL there be a Part 2? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. And a part 3 and part 4, and lots more parts after that :o))

      Delete
  8. ...and some use that weird W letter that looks like a bum shape...I get it too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Comment no. 2 is not twaddle, I meant every word of it! Giggle giggle, only kidding!!

    I wonder at the amount of time these spammers must waste sitting at their computers making this up. What goes through their tiny heads?

    100 spams a day is not at all nice, however look at it positively, you have a great blog that does attract a lot of readers :-)

    Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Education secretary Michael Gove has definately got his work cut out to improve education standards.
    I don't know how to do an account so i use the annonymous one.
    I use my phone rather than a computer which is a bit fiddly and not that easy to see.
    Dave.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.