Saturday 8 March 2014

A lovely afternoon, and a new home for George

Hello, I've had a lovely Saturday. I've been to visit a friend who lives near Nottingham. I met Kate on Down the Lane Forum, a few years ago,and she put me up for a night when I did the long walk along the River Trent. We also met up at Perth when we were both there on holiday. Kate is involved with a lovely group of ladies who knit and crochet for charity. They make up parcels of mainly baby and childrens clothes and send them all over the world, and they also crochet shawls for a hospice. It was great catching up with her, an enjoyable afternoon. 
When I got back I quickly threw a broccoli recipe together. Today is Saturday Night Curry Night. Broccoli, frozen peas, and sultanas in a pan with some water, bring to the boil. Add some Madras curry powder, this was £1.69 for 400 grm from the Asian shop, it's lasting ages. I also added some turmeric, garlic powder, desiccated coconut, and three teaspoons of porridge oats. Just before serving I added two dessertspoons of  plain yogurt.  I couldn't be bothered to wait for rice to cook so I made some cous cous.  
It was absolutely delicious. Not too hot, just right. I guessed the amounts spot on this time. There is some left for tomorrow.

I've just had some good news. Another success for the cat rescue, George has a new home, yipeeeee. He is staying in the village with a lovely family who are known to us. It's a quiet street and they have had a cat before. I am so pleased. The icing on the cake for a lovely day. Thank you to the lovely reader who sent the Sainsbury's vouchers for George's food. There are still some left, so with your permission they will be spent on food for the other four cats we have in the pens. I am a very happy bunny tonight :o))
Enjoy your Sunday, catch you tomorrow. xxx

28 comments:

  1. Gr8 news about George:-)

    Curry sounded nice until you mentioned the dried fruit(not a fan of sweet curry),different tastes here!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really happy that George has a new family, he was lucky that he found his way to you for rehoming even if it wasn't done in a decent way. Good luck with your other cats xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to read about George :) And your curry sounded yum :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news about George, I am sure he will be very happy. The curry recipe sound yum!

    My bag arrived today hun and its fabulous. I am over the moon with it. Thank you so much for your kindness.

    Hugs

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like curry but it doesn't agree with me i'm afraid. good news about your kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such good news that George has a new home in your village. You will be able to stay in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sound of your curry. So glad George has found a good home, hope the rest of your cats are just as lucky x

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY for George finding his furrever home!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to George's new family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy that George has a new home, yay!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such good news about George! I hope he settles in and lives happily ever after.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the curry. Making me hungry looking at it.

    Great that you find good homes for so many cats.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely news about George! Curry! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear George, I'm happy he has found a good home, he looked lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Ilona,

    I've just won a competition for all the best voted products of the year! Didn't think I stood a chance but Friday a huge parcel came and when I opened it there were lots of different products- Persil, fairy washing up liquid etc.... There is also dog and cat food which won product of the year so should be good!
    I don't have any pets so I passed the dog food to the Inlaws for their little dog and wondered if you would like the cat food? I'm happy to post to you but please let me know either way as if not then I will see if I can find someone else with a cat.
    Great news about George!

    Many thanks, Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amanda, so kind. I have emailed you.

      Delete
  16. So glad to hear that George has found a nice new home.....yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It was nice up again and have a good chat Ilona, and play with the dogs in the sunshine for a while. Hope you found your way home easier :-) Sam and Dino say woof to you and yours.
    Great news about George!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that should say it was nice 'meeting' up again.... what a la-la I am sometimes....

      Delete
    2. I got the gist, Kate. Ha ha.

      Delete
  18. I'm both glad and sad for George - glad he is homed nearby to you and sad that I couldn'y have him1 LOL!
    I do hope he settles and has lots of love and attention.
    I wonder if he'll come and visit you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandie. He won't be visiting, but we will probably get some updates.

      Delete
  19. Stars in your crown for helping George resettle!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay for George.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great news about George :) Wonder if you could please change the bright yellow background to different colour...it causes my eyes great distress!! Thanks :)

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  22. so happy george found a new home!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just found out that the new people are keeping his name as George, because they previously had a cat called Henry, and they like solid British names :o))

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm so glad George has gone to a lovely new home ... and that he gets to keep his name :-)

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.