Sunday 2 March 2014

Not to my taste

Something new to try, Mushy Pea bake. Never seen them before, and probably not good value as you could get a tin of mushy peas for about 15p and make your own. Worth a try I thought, they might be fantastic, and you can never have too many peas in your diet. There are four in a packet for £1, so spread them over four meals with some veg and it works out at quite a cheap meal, especially when your veg has yellow stickers on it  :o))  
Each one measures 7 cm across, not a big size but quite deep.
 
Serve with carrots, broccoli sweetcorn, and onions, cost per meal, at a guess about 50p.

My verdict on the Mushy Pea bake, it was alright I suppose, nothing to shout about, just like mushy peas really. The breadcrumbs were crunchy, but it was a bit tasteless, it could have done with some herbs to spice it up a bit. On the packet it says 'A new eating experience', I wonder if that refers to the actual tasting and eating of it, or the rumbling tummy followed by the explosion at the other end ! I won't bother buying them again. Didn't float my boat. Next time I will open a tin of mushy peas.

Sorry Lockwoods, I don't suppose you will be sending me any more of your products to test  :o((
Catch you tomorrow. Lots of lurv xxx  

16 comments:

  1. I can't abide mushy peas...this is mushy pea hell!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd prefer a tin at 15p. But at least you tried them.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah they don't look to crash hot Louise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Imagine what they would be like microwaved!!! Mushy, mushy, pea bakes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A new eating experience? I love the crap they write on things. I am always a fan of " serving suggestion " too where it doesn't even look like the food contained within.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My question to the manufacturers would be -Why?

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are very green inside. A bit more than pea green for my liking. Anything is woth try once though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your own meals look more appetizing, but good for you for trying them. I used to make veggie burgers using a tin of mushy peas, but there was lots of other things in there too, so it looked at lot nicer and less 'mushy'. 'A new eating experience' made me laugh. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made something similar with bubble and squeak - mashed potatoes, cooked chopped sprouts and onion, dipped in beaten egg and coated with breadcrumbs. Delicious. Don't fancy it with mushy peas. I like pea soup though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am from the US and have never understood the British love of mushy peas...but I accept it. What I don't accept is cutting into a perfectly breaded patty and having all that green stuff ooze out. Not sure I could eat it, LOL. Mushy peas are one thing, but mushy peas oozing out of what someone might mistake for breaded meat is quite another... LOLOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. We don't eat mushy peas over here. Are they pureed peas or smashed? It looks kind of good in your picture, as does the other veggies. Martha from Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  12. What will the manufactures think of next :-)

    At least you gave them a go, I always think it's good to try some new things occasionally if nothing else it makes us realise that what we eat on a day to day basis is actually very nice and rarely needs improving upon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. When I lived up North one of our local bakeries did a mushy pea pie and it was glorious. My veggy friend in London used to get me to ship them down for him.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ilove them.So does my vegan son.Each to their own.😊

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.