Thursday 5 June 2014

Bricking it :o))

Go on, ask me what I've been doing today, you're dying to know aren't you. Here is a clue, a pile of bricks need moving from A to B, about three miles apart. I volunteered to be a skivvy, and get stuck into some hard graft. No, I don't shy away from physical work, I get on with it. I was the same on the wagons, handball we called it, shifting a load by picking it up and physically moving it to wherever it was wanted. No truck for this job, me and Helen used our cars. She wants to use these bricks to build a garden wall at her house.  
Here is my workhorse. Can't get the car close to the pile so it was a matter of carrying them. First her car was loaded, then swap places and load mine. We worked as a team. Brush off the excess dust and muck, stack neatly in the car. We did three journeys each. At the other end there was enough room to get both cars into the driveway together so we could both unload at the same time.

All done, six hours less one coffee break and one lunch break.

On the way home I did a quick scoot round Tesco and co op shops. Found a few reduced items. Seeded bread 23p, grapes 55p, nectarines 54p, iceberg lettuce 37p. Won't need to do a big shop this week.

Things planned for tomorrow. A dog walk in the morning, and setting up our craft stall, and my artwork, in the church in the afternoon. A busy weekend ahead. Won't be able to do the Parkrun on Saturday morning, we have to set up our cat stall on the village green. Got loads of stuff to sell, a lot of it is what I got out of the skip, and we are overrun with books, could start a library, ha ha. Got to go, need to sort stuff out for tomorrow. Toodle pip.

13 comments:

  1. I hope they don't ask for them back ;) you are a good chum aren't you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad was a builder and in the days before pallets they used to unload bricks by hand off a lorry - 6,000 for a house!
    Wish i could get to your sale sale to browse your book stall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love work - could sit and watch it for hours :-) Your energy is admirable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We walked up Hay Bluff and around to Lord Hereford's Knob today (2500 feet climbing)- but I think you worked much harder than us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely friend you are♥ Fingers crossed that you sell lots of goodies on your cat stall:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honestly Ilona, you are such a good friend. I don't know many people who would move bricks for someone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lot of work, I got a deal on free bricks, about half that many, and it pretty much tired me out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very impressive, indeed. Is it time for a glass of wine????

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd have lent you my wheelbarrow if i'd known. I could have dropped it off last friday night on my way to Grimsby.
    Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Handballing barbecues at B&Q every summer........i remember it well

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it ...sounds like a good workout. Have a fun day with the craft stall!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We've been moving bricks from and to various places as DH is building a wall for DD. They're heavy aren't they. He can carry about 6 at a time and me just 2!
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a better (and cheaper) work out than gong to the gym any day!!

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.