Friday 10 July 2015

Carry on Camping

Hello. I spent most of the morning searching the www for accommodation for our holiday, our being me and Rocky. We are off down to the south west soon, not all the way to the end, just to Devon. We are going to meet up with blogger Lovely Grey and see what living in a motorhome is all about. We will be staying on the same campsite, near Newton Abbot, in our tent. 
It's a long trek down there, so I've made Rocky a booster cushion so he can see out of the window. We will have plenty of stops along the way, peepee breaks, stretch our legs, and a snack or two. We are breaking the journey up and stopping for two nights at a campsite at Slimbridge, between Gloucester and Bristol. I had considered booking in a B & B, there are dog friendly ones about, but they were all too pricey. Some of the big chain hotels allow dogs but I'm not paying their prices. Our pitch at Slimbridge is £28 for two nights. I looked at places to stay around Bristol, but the closer to the city the more expensive they are, so it will be under canvas a few miles out. I'm going to try and fit in a short visit to Bristol on the way through, to find Shaun the Sheep. There are 70 giant sculptures scattered around the city. Should be fun. 
That's the good news, now the bad news. Sorry but I won't be blogging along the way this time. I won't have any electric hook ups in the tent and I will be gadget free, except my little mobi, and camera, so you can be sure there will be lots of photo's when I come back. So, if I suddenly disappear, don't worry, I am out of the office. 
I had a big bowl of fresh fruit for my lunch today. Pear, melon, grapes and cherries, smothered with a big dollop of plain yogurt. Healthy and delissshhh.
I've spent that much time on the computer today, there's not much else to talk about. I did two loads of washing, one Ollie and Rocky walk, one Ollie on his own walk, and one Rocky on his own walk. I cleaned some windows and cleaned the kitchen, washed the car, and finished ironing the felt. Eaten a load of  sprouts for my dinner, oh dear  ;o(

Here's a little vid for you, have a titter at this



Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip

27 comments:

  1. Have fun! Looking forward to your posts when you're back! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're doing the Shaun trail! I hope my comment the other day factored into your decision! Come back with a lot of pix for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. Yes, the idea came from you. Had to goooglie Shaun, didn't know what you were talking about. Was planning the trip to Devon, so it fits in nicely with that. I won't have time to find all of them though.

      Delete
  3. How great that you will meet up with Lovely Grey before she moves back into her home. I will look for your pictures upon your return. we still need to plan a little summer holiday while I have some Orbitz points to use up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope y'all have a great trip, blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun and stay safe! Can't wait to see the trip through your pictures and travelogue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I will have to make notes, memory is not so good these days, ha ha.

      Delete
  6. Best wishes for a safe and lovely holiday. Do hope the good weather holds.

    Your lunch looked delicious however I'll pass on the sprouts for dinner.

    enjoyed the silly video.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi.Very funny trailer for C on C!Wishing you and Rocky a fun,safe,happy holiday,Ilona.I look forward to the photos and stories you will be sharing.Hope the weather is fair for you both.Bye for now,D.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy the trip!
    I dream of living in a motor home...that or a canal barge.
    Safe travels to you and Rocky.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my word!
    How dated it seems now and I do remember laughing my head off.
    Have a great trip Ilona and all the better for not having to keep in touch. Everyone will be happy to hear about it later.
    JanF

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a great trip! Godspeed to you and Rocky.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will miss you! Your blog is one of those I start my day with. How long will you be away?
    Wishing you a lovely holiday
    Hilde in Germany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Hilde. Not long, six days. It will soon go.

      Delete
  12. I love Carry on Camping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I met Lovelygrey last year , and she is lovely; friendly and great fun.
    Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shucks! Enjoyed meeting you too. Perhaps we can do it again soon! xx

      Delete
  14. Have a wonderful time, I look forward to your photos when you get back...

    ReplyDelete
  15. We camped in the garden last night! Just 'testing' the tent before we use it properly over summer! It was great fun. You've given me an idea for the future about camping in Slimbridge so I can visit the wetland centre! Hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've always loved Carry on Camping, innuendos unlimited!! I've thought about motorhome living myself, so I'm really looking forward to your post holiday blogs!

    Now a quick question for your creative side - I have got a lot of empty round plastic fat ball containers - the ones you get 50 x fat balls in - pic here http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tom-Chambers-Fabulous-Fat-Balls/dp/B000YP4Z02

    I'm loathe to chuck them out and I'd like to recycle them. Other than containers for my balls of wool and mini greenhouses I'm stuck. Any ideas?

    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, I've got one of those. It's in my cupboard with other waste bins. One for plastics and cardboard, one for tins and glass, one for general rubbish, and the fatball tub for veg offcuts and peelings to go on the compost heap.

      How many is a lot? You could pass them on to a Scrapstore. Or a childrens playgroup that needs to store small parts such as building bricks. Or just take them to your council dump to go in the recycling bin. I can't think of any other use for them apart from storage container.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Ilona - Have just put one now in the bottom of my cupboard for food scraps for the compost. 2 more have gone under the sink to hold dish cloths and cleaning stuff. I suppose I could use the lids as frisbees!!!!

      Enjoy your holiday!

      Linda xxx

      Delete
  17. Hope you have a wonderful vacation. I loved camping when I was little, such happy memories. Doesn't seem quite as much fun as an adult since I have to do most of the work. ;)
    Love watching Shaun the sheep and Wallace and Gromit.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looking forward to meeting you. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oooooo Matron, i do like them Carry on films.
    We'll miss you while you're away. You could do with a power inverter like some truckers have so they can have a microwave in their cab.
    Hope you have a great time, looking forward to the pics.
    Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Have a great time- I met up with LG earlier this year. We had a ball and are going to do it again!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.