Sunday 4 December 2016

All the fun of the Village Christmas Fair

Hello. I can breath again today after two busy days. The Christmas Fair was a great success for the village  residents, and visitors from neighbouring villages. A very good turn out all round, the place was packed. The children did their singing and dancing on the stage and all the proud mums and dads looked on. Santa was there of course, and there were lots of stalls selling Christmassy things, nice things to eat, and tombolas to win things. 
Our Chat and Craft stall had a good selection of hand made items to show, and some to sell. Only four shopping bags sold, I tried my best with a lot of humour, to get people to buy one. Those left over will be given away. I have a talk in January to do, so some will be donated there as raffle prizes. 
The two patchwork bags sold, and a few of the felt hearts and stars. I was able to make a £15 donation to our cat rescue. For me it wasn't all about selling, it was about the community coming together, it was great to see so many people, and chat with them. I think I have lost my title of, 'the bag lady', I am now known as, 'the shed lady', ha ha.  
I took the photo's before the official opening time, to show some of the colourful stalls. The Cat Rescue stall was opposite me this time. looks full and ready to go.







Today is sunny, I've got a line of washing out, and I will potter around the house and garden. I don't need to do my regular walk as I've got some walking in Derbyshire coming up soon.

Enjoy your Sunday. We'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip

21 comments:

  1. What a variety of stalls and produce; well done, all the effort in organising, setting-up, selling, dismantling is very time-consuming but for good causes so hats off to you. This sort of event brings the community together which is a good thing and in the process raises funds so a real plus. The wooded crafts looked very unusual and I really liked them. Pleased you went red. Your hair looks great. Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful variety of stalls Ilona. It is so satisfying to see a village coming together. You look very summery in your dress.

    Last year I started a fortnightly coffee morning - just tea/coffee and biscuits - so that village people could meet. We have no shop, no pub, only the church, where all gatherings take place. We'd done two display days that year, and from comments, I realised that village and ex village folk do like to meet up. The coffee mornings have now ended until warmer weather - the church heating bill has to be considered, I am married to the treasurer! New friendships have been formed as a result of the very low key effort, it is also the morning when the library van visits, I did hope to drum up more interest, but cutbacks mean that shall almost certainly lose it at the end of next year.

    I wonder how big your village is, as even at our twice annual coffee mornings, we do not have so many stalls, mainly cakes, Fairtrade and raffle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your outfit. The stalls look wonderful. Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great fair! My town crafts fair was yesterday, and although usually quite full of interesting things, this year was disappointing. I was through the whole hall in 5 minutes and couldn't find a thing to buy, though I usually try to support with one or two purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like it was a great day, love your dress x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cake stall caught my eye and the cupa and saucer candles look interesting.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. it must have been hot in there Ilona - no cardi on or maybe you just aren't used to the heat. looks like a great time was had but sorry your bags didn't sell well. still they wont be wasted that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wish I could have been there, I would have bought all your bags, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like you in that outfit - your hair looks amazing! Your stall looks good and the candle stall looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely array of stalls Ilona and you looked very nice. Hope lots of money was raised for the various charities it was in aid of.

    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like a lot of fun. One of the stalls has large poppies that look like the ones from the Tower of London. If not the actual ones from the Tower they are similar. I though that the Tower poppy project was such a lovely idea.

    You look great with your red hair and pretty dress. I'm not surprised that the patchwork bags sold. They were gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, too, noticed those lovely poppies. If you or anyone knows how they were made I'd love to know. JanF

      Delete
  12. You look lovely and what a wonderful way for your community to come together. Best of luck on your upcoming walk.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now look here Ilona, you know why all your bags didn't sell don't you??? You need a designer label gal!!! Ha Ha - you could make a few "made by Ilona" labels, Pigma pens would make it permanent - stick an eeenormous overinflated price tag on and they'd fly out the door! Glad you chose that colour for your hair, I thought how well it suited you when you put up the lovely photo of you and Rocky at the top (love it). I'm looking forward to "our" walks in Derbyshire. Stay happy, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very colourful and festive looking, what a lot of stalls.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely photos Ilona. I really enjoy reading about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  16. £15 is great, well done that girl!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done Ilona x the world needs more lovely people like you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks blooming lovely. Ilona I am going to email you privately as I would like to buy some of the felt hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful Fair. Lovely photo of you Ilona, I'm sure everyone felt very cheery speaking with you. Linda xx

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.